RE: BEHRINGER FEEDBACK DESTROYER

I use these uints for individual feedback control on some all-acoustic
bluegrass gigs I run sound at.

These stages use a combination of large diaphram dual condensor and overhead
choral condensor microphones. Both kinds are especoially prone to feedback
in outdoor performances. I use the behringer units between each mic and my
mixing board and they do a wonderful job.

I've haven't had issues with my harp rig feeding back since I added the EQ
pedal to my effects chain and the 12AU7 to my first preamp stage on my "big"
amp. Therefore I've never plugged the feeback killer into my rig. Guess I'll
have to give it a try.

Here's my take:
For my "big" rig  I'm using a Pignose B100-VH Tube head. It's a 100-watt all
tube bass head that scares the heck out of lead guitar players when they see
those four 6L6GC's light up in the night. I was able to play the main stage
of the Boise River Festival a couple of years ago without a mic or line out.
It's LOUD, when needed, but no feedback.

Same with my "small" amp, an Alamo Paragon 40 tube Bass head.

I think the real secret is to use tube amplifiers that don't have a bunch of
pre-amp tubes in them, IE bass amps. My Pignose had two 12AX's stock and my
Alamo has one. If Iwant things a bit crunchy at lower volumes I pop in my
12AU7 tubes and use effects pedals to overdrive just a tiny bit.

I found that the Pignose GV40 guitar amp can be made manageable using
12U7's, but the GV60 is a mess. The difference between the two amps is one
extra preamp tube in the 60...

I play with a Hohner Blues Blaster mic. If anything is going to feedback
this one should, but I have no problems with my bass heads... They also work
great for playing clean, which is what I do most often these days...

Just my .02

The Harmaniac? Dennis M. Cooper
http://www.crossharp.com

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE