Re: Who Nose?

On Apr 9, 2004, at 8:55 PM, Paul Harker wrote:

> I'd like to thank everyone for your assistance on my recent "leaky
> nose"
> posting. Seems the offending muscle structure still basically works,
> but due
> to disease damage, is very weak. I've structured some exercises to
> work the
> back of the throat and the soft palate -- hope to be able to get there
> from
> here.
>
> In the meantime, so I can still work on bends and tone, I bought a
> swimmer's
> nose clip.
>
> When anyone asks why I'm wearing it, the answer is "My playing stinks!"
>
> <oh quit groaning, you knew it was coming>....
>
> Paul

   Dear Paul, you could do what I do. When getting into a bend, I touch
my left thumb against my left nostril. Helicopter accident (and other
accidents) have necessitated re-building my face (it's still homely),
and my nose isn't worth crabs, so I have to block it off sometimes to
prevent squeeks from coming through my (missing) sinus' and adenoids.

smo-joe