broken reed means toast?

Hello, I haven't been very present on the list but enjoy the =
discussions. I've been playing for a couple of years as a hobby, though =
this past year I've had at most a few minutes a day, given our recent =
addition to the family (who is now 1 year old and running around the =
house with glee).

I'm posting about an old harmonica I have been given, a Hohner Blues =
Harp in C, sounds great on all but the 8th hole, which has a broken reed =
(reed completely missing). I can't see how this could be fixed, but =
since most of you are veterans of the instrument, you may have ideas I =
wouldn't think of. Can a broken reed be fixed somehow or should I just =
chuck the harp in the can? Perhaps just replacing the reed plate would =
do it, but I don't know if those are transferable, and I certainly don't =
have a spare one in that key.

Cheers,
Oliver