Re: NEW Clapton CD with Jerry Portnoy

Maybe there is a fine point here that I'm missing. Seems like some of the recent comments are akin to saying the guitar takes too much of a back seat on Portnoy's CD. Should be more guitar!

To paraphrase Jerry from his Mastercourse "Sometimes playing is about fitting in and not getting in the way of the other instruments".

If I really want to hear an authentic performance of Robert Johnson's music, I would tend to listen to the original Robert Johnson.

Dunno, maybe I'm too simple minded. After all, the biggest excitement in my life is waiting for my Aerosmith CD with mini-harp to arrive from Amazon.