Re: Potentially Decent Harp Amp?

Best bet would be to find one at a dealer/music store and try it out.
Though it has three 12AX7 tubes (as others have pointed out), one of
those is probably the driver for the reverb unit, leaving the other two
12AX7's as a preamp and an inverter stage.

<speculation mode on>  I doubt that the amp's primary amplification
circuitry is much different from a Blues Junior, though it does have
some bells/whistles that the Blues Jr does not have.

I often use a Crate Vintage Club 20/12 amp for small gigs. It is very
similar to a Blues Jr.  It has the three 12ax7's with one driving the
reverb.  By swapping the preamp and inverter 12ax7's to 12ay7's, it
turned into a very good harp amp with minimal feedback.  I left the
12ax7 in the reverb cirucuit unchanged as it didn't have much effect on
feedback when turned down (crappy reverb, I don't use it much).

Howard
www.melissaneelsband.com