Re: Amp Questions: Fender Bandmaster or Super

- --Apple-Mail-2-620191271

Yep. Both excellent for harp. No need for tube subs re: the tube chart=20=

(keep her ax, ax, ay), but you will want to pick decent NOS tubes to=20
get the best tone possible (as Bob Maglinte has noted here previously)=20=

- - ie a good pair of matched TungSol5881's in the power section are=20
midrange heaven.

The Super has a tighter, more focussed sound, due to the two tens in=20
the smaller cab - it's a hair "barkier", just a bit punchier. The=20
larger cab and extra speaker on the Bandmaster effect your feedback=20
limit with higher gain mics, and of course the 3-10 amp is a little=20
louder because it pushes more air, even though the amps are basically=20
identical in terms of output tranny and RMS.

I'd go with the Super - it has all the grunt you need, has a fat tweed=20=

distortion and is easier to carry... ;)

cheers
Andrew

> From: =A0 Ray Beltran < raybeltran@xxxx >
> Date: =A0 Tue=A0Apr=A013,=A02004=A0 5:15 pm
> Subject: =A0 Amp Questions: Fender Bandmaster or Super

> Anyone out there currently using, or had experience with the following
> Fender amps:
>
> Tweed Bandmaster (5E7)
>
> Tweed Super (5F4)
>
> Your observations greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ray.

- --Apple-Mail-2-620191271

need for tube subs re: the tube chart (keep her ax, ax, ay), but you
will want to pick decent NOS tubes to get the best tone possible (as
Bob Maglinte has noted here previously) - ie a good pair of matched
TungSol5881's in the power section are midrange heaven.

The Super has a tighter, more focussed sound, due to the two tens in
the smaller cab - it's a hair "barkier", just a bit punchier. The
larger cab and extra speaker on the Bandmaster effect your feedback
limit with higher gain mics, and of course the 3-10 amp is a little
louder because it pushes more air, even though the amps are basically
identical in terms of output tranny and RMS.

I'd go with the Super - it has all the grunt you need, has a fat tweed
distortion and is easier to carry... ;)

cheers

Andrew

<excerpt>From:

</color>>

<bold>Date: </bold>=A0 Tue=A0Apr=A013,=A02004=A0 5:15 pm=20

<bold>Subject: </bold>=A0 Amp Questions: Fender Bandmaster or Super=20

ADVERTISEMENT=20

currently using, or had experience with the following=20

Fender amps:=20

Tweed Bandmaster (5E7)=20

Tweed Super (5F4)=20

Your observations greatly appreciated.=20

Thanks in advance,=20

Ray.=20

</fontfamily></excerpt>=

- --Apple-Mail-2-620191271--