the blues......

on friday night the 16th april we here in the UK will be  getting the pbs
marty films 'the blues' from all accounts it was all pretty  bland stuff no great
shakes just have to wait and see but not counting me  chickens though.
its just a pity that someone is not willing to stand the cash  to produce a
film on those living legends who have been out there keeping it  alive some
near on 35 years now in another 30-40 years when these artists are  revered there
will be little or no film evidence of them in their heyday from a  harp
players/listener point of view guys like kim wilson,rod piazza and so on  ARE
living legends now they deserve some sort document for carrying the torch  along
with many others in keeping traditional electric blues alive and sounding  great.
anyway i don't really know what brought that on mostly cos  living in the UK
its not so easy to see these guys but hey what can you  do.
mac
p.s why the bloody hell has wes weston not got a CD out  .........oh i'm in a
right one today....me need filter  coffee!