RE : Carey Bell, what kind mic and effects does he use?

I haven't seen Carey in a while, but I co-produced the two CDs he did
for Alligator.  During that time, he always used a custom made mic that
was given to him by an admirer while on tour in Scandanavia somewhere -
it was the element from a Shure SM57 installed into a gold colored body
that was a lot smaller and shorter than an SM57 body, and was machined
to fit nicely in the hand when cupped with a harp.
The name of the "admirer" is B. Lilleland. He lives in Norway and also
made some custom mics for Kim who is currently playing his "Juke"
microphone. It's an all-brass mic fiited with some dynamic element. The
first version had a volume control AND a tone control. Mail me off list
and I'll send some pictures.
Sunnyside