Re: question for recording buffs

On the subject of mics and techniques for recording acoustic
harmonica (diatonic OR chromatic,) I would heartily recommend that
any interested party check out the article "The Taming of the Shrill"
by Brian Knave, from a back issue of Electronic Musician magazine.

Link:  http://emusician.com/ar/emusic_taming_shrill/index.htm

There's a ton of info in this article about recording our instrument.
On a personal note, as a result of reading this article, I have now
on many occasions over the last two years been able to use a Royer
R-121 for recording high-keyed harps (i.e. Eb, E, F, F#) with
tremendous sonic results...

cheers and best to all,

Tom Ball
Santa Babs