Re: Harmonica that ruins a song.

<<<<<From: Will Vogtman <will_vogtman@xxxxxxxxx:

 > Dylan and Young are among the greatest harmonica players ever!

I strongly disagree.  When I say that I play harmonica, people assume that I
sound like a Dylan or a Young.

As a result, people assume I know no music theory.  People assume I am a
sub-standard musician.   People talk to me like I am an idiot.

 > Though they were not amazing technicians, they have done quite
 > much more than any harmonica player for the harmonica.

As alluded to above, they have done more to belittle the instrument in the
eyes of the public.

I have nothing personal against Dylan or Young.  They are wonderful song
writers, musicians, performers, and businessmen.

However, they have done nothing to further the legitmacy of the harmonica as
a musical instrument--not a toy.

Will>>>>>>>

I am with Will absolutely 100% on this.  Ambassadors for the harmonica need
to be consummate players.  Anything else merely gives the rest of us more of
an uphill struggle in getting the instrument taken more seriously.

Steve

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica