Re: Harmonica that ruins a song

 Ambassadors for the harmonica need=20
> to be consummate players.=A0 Anything else merely gives the rest of=20
> us more of=20
> an uphill struggle in getting the instrument taken more seriously.
>=20
You guys are talking my language.=A0 Young and Dylan along with Morrisette h=
ave=20
done more to set back the harmonica than improve its status in the music=20
world.

- --1.  "Ambassadors for the harp?"  Where's the Embassy?  I've never felt lik=
e=20
any kind of ambassador; I play harp and sing.

- --2.  Personally, I hate John Popper's playing more than Dylan's or Young's=20
(don't know Morrisette.)  His chops speak for themselves, but not to me; his=
=20
noodling depresses me. So who's "better?" Who's "worse?"  Who sets the rules=
?=20

- --3.  If the harp needs a battalion of square-jawed men and women in order t=
o=20
be taken "seriously"--whatever that might possiblly mean--defeat is=20
inevitable.  Play with heart, play with fire, play with "soul power," and vi=
ctory is=20
assured.

- --4.  I keep picturing Butterfield, Sonny Boy, Deford Bailey and Big Walter=20
sipping sherry at some elegant United Nations cocktail party, speaking in=20
hushed tones to the Ambassador from Hohner about trade agreements, taxes and=
 the=20
dark beauty of playing in 3rd position...

Peace and respect
Johnny T