Re: Woody Guthrie/ Folkways downloads due in June

I remembered reading a wire story about Folkways (whose archive is now at the
Smithsonian) getting ready to launch a music download program where you could
by individual songs/tracks or complete albums by downloading them. Here is
the reply I got:
Phil Lloyd/AHN

We are aiming to have our Smithsonian Global Sound digital download site
launched around June this year.
Richard Burgess
Director of Marketing
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
Smithsonian Institution
750 Ninth Street N.W., Suite 4100
Washington DC 20560-0953
Tel: (202) 275-1129
Fax: (202) 275-1164
Website: http://www.folkways.si.edu

Smithsonian Institution ranks #1 in quality among all brands in the Spring
2003 Harris Interactive Brand Study!  For more information,
visit http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/allnewsbydate.asp?NewsID=665

In a message dated 4/29/2004 9:40:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,