From: "Steve Shaw" <moorcot@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Good cheap microphone
<.......>
This is uncanny.  I've had exactly the same experience.  I have arthritis in
my finger joints and wrists, and there were nights with my green bullet when
I had to give up in despair.  I tried a stereo tie-clip mic (£30) that I'd
originally bought for my minidisc recorder, and after a bit of adjusting I
found it to be fantastic.  I do exactly as Mike describes.  Same level of
control over tone that Mike describes too.  I've just bought a mono one -
even cheaper at £20 - as a backup and it's just as good.  As Mike says I
think you need one with its own power supply. The battery (cheap) lasts
forever.  The only slight hassle I find in my own situation is that I miss
the volume control, but that's no big deal really.  I can even use my
open/closed cup as a volume control to some extent - agreed, Mike?  The
whole thing including its power unit fits into a tiny bag - ideal for
travelling light/busking.   It's a great backup for your regular mic in case
anything should go wrong.  This is no compromise - it's a solution!

Steve