[Harp-L] Rack Attack

Greetings harp-l, stand by for the RACK ATTACK!

If you plan to attend SPAH04, then plan to attend the Rack-Playing Seminar on Saturday at 10:15 am on the open stage.  Rack performers Jimi Lee, Madcat Ruth, James Conway, Richard Sleigh, Cynthia DuSel-Bacon, Ray Tankersley, Marvin Monroe, and yours truly will play, comment, and answer your questions.

These presenters will play in a wide range of musical styles on a wide range of instruments that include diatonics, XB40s, chromatics and Hands-Free-Chromatics with all kinds of fretted instruments and maybe a keyboard.

There will also be a display of many types of racks, some for sale.

Besides hearing some fine music, you will learn everything you ever wanted to know (but were afraid to ask) about rack playing. It could inspire or tempt you to try it.

If there are any rack performers that we could not include on the program, I encourage you to sign up for the open-mic session on the same stage Saturday at 1:00.

SPAH is next week!  I'll see you there.

Vern Smith