[Harp-L] (no subject)

--I recently ran into a drummer friend who's
spent the last 10 years in NYC.  We were talking about the difference in
feel compared with New Orleans.  He said that he started having to do a
lot fewer re-takes for NYC producers after he realized that they want
everything to be ON the click as opposed to the rather laissez-faire
sense of time that characterizes a lot of the music down here.

Yeah.  From The Funky Meters to the funkless metronomes.
>From an Earl Palmer snare-hit to an NYC on-the-click.
>From people moving in real time to people moving fake Product.
This is the way the world ends...not with a bang but a click-track.

Peace and Respect,
Johnny T