[Harp-L] need slide button

Last night someone gave me their grandfather's old 12-hole super chromonica from their "treasure box."  I don't play chromatic (yet?) but the most obvious problem is that the slide button is missing.  Can a new button be put on, or should I replace the slide?  Either way, where can I order a replacement button or slide?  (I'm inclined to replace the slide becaue the part that sticks out is bent a bit and probably won't slide very smoothly.) Thanks!!  I'd like to treat this gift with due respect.  (There is also a crack in the back of the comb, but I'm not going to worry about that right now; I haven't played it yet -- want to clean it first)  --jk