Re: [Harp-L] Coming to St. Louis? Tues night transportation

As a local St. Louisan, I must say you would be sorely disappointed if SPAH booked at a downtown hotel. Yes, you could walk to BB's and Laclede's Landing, but would still need a ride to Soulard (B'way Oyster Bar), South Grand, Central West End, or the U-City Loop, the other "happening" areas of the metro area. Downtown St. Louis is a graveyard at night, no two ways about it. That's the last place you would want to have a convention. St. Louis is a great town to live in, and has a lot going for it, but downtown at night is the pits. (Drive down to the game, drive home). It's too bad, but that's the facts. So I can heartily concur with SPAH's decision to hold the convention at Westport. There is a hell of a lot more going on in that area than the Denver or Dallas sites. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

All that said, I may be able to drive a few folks down to BB's Tuesday night, depending on my schedule, but I will likely be returning early. E-mail if interested.

See y'all at SPAH

Fred S