Re: [Harp-L] Coming to St. Louis? Tues night transportation issues

Ken Ficara wrote:
> I think it's worth mentioning that the habit of holding SPAH at
> remote suburban hotels makes transportation difficult and
> basically traps you in a hotel for the duration unless you go to
> the expense of renting a car or deal with all these travel
> logistics.

I think it just forces you to be a little more creative.  Last year
in Irving, for example, I was strolling down the hallway when Rosco
stopped me and said, "Hey, you have a *car* don't you?"  I ended up
recruiting another local with a bigger vehicle, and heading off-site
with Rosco, George Brooks, Richard Sleigh, Paul Messinger for a
delightful dinner.  The year before, in Columbus, a bunch of guys
commandiered Mike Easton for a ride to dinner and a liquor store.
You just need to make some friends and figure out who has
transportation.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps