Re: [Harp-L] James Harman burglarized

Actually, I am not that sure. It does not make sense for me!

Robbers are attracted by shinning things. James is a well known harmonica player, he's recorded Cd's with his photo on it, He has been on newspaper, concerts adds, gigs...
When you see all of that, you know that this guy is special. Then, you see him on stage, acclaimed, popular... then you think that He is wealthy so has things of great value in his house...

I think that it could be anybody who has heard of James and/or seen him on stage, in a newspaper...

I would be curious to know if they only stole music related stuff... I think it would be important to know that to understand.

Froggy

Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 21, 2004, at 1:42 PM, david j. brown wrote:

> Terrible, terrible news.
>
> The music gear was an obvious choice when the house was getting lifted
> but
> the records seem an odd pick, especially because there were so many of
> them
> and any additional time at the house was a risk. My guess is that the
> thieves were a group who know where to dump this type of stuff, in
> which
> case they might have even met James somewhere. Does he remember
> discussing
> his possessions with anyone recently? Were there any strangers in the
> house
> recently? Kids? A party, etc.? Was he at a guitar show or music event?
> Is he
> in any social groups involved with music or record collectors?

Upon reading your query, I have come to the conclusion that YOU should
have been a detective. smo-joe