Re: [Harp-L] Re : controlled magnetic mic elements (was Harp-L Digest, Vol 12, Issue 30)

> How can ya tell if they are in working condition before ya buy. I assume
any such elements have never been used in a mic?

You depend on the sellers intrgrity.  On eBay, check his feedback.  And if
it's not up to par, let him know.  Most sellers on eBay will go te extra
mile.

> I have a 15 year old Astatic JT-30 mic that never had much volume to it
> when plugged into an amp, therefore i hardly ever used it. Any help in
this dept.?

JT30's require a special JT-30 cable, not a standard balanced line XLR
cable..  Use a normal XLR cable and the sound becomes very low and thin.
Also, JT30's require a high impedance input.  Run it into a low impedance
and the sound wimps out.

-mike