[Harp-L] high impedence input (was Re : controlled magnetic mic elements )

In a message dated 8/24/04 6:24:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kcmojo writes:
A crystal
element works a lot better with a 5 meg input than the typical guitar amp
circuit input of 1 meg. There is a resistor inside the amp, sometimes
right on the input jack, that accomplishes this. For a few pennies and
less time than it's taking me to write this you can make a crystal mic
sound like it's supposed to (provided you have a good element to start
with).
   Are u talking of an amp modification, changing a resistor?  I don't
understand what you're saying here - how is it that we can "make a crystal mic sound
like it's supposed to", so easily and quickly?
ron