From: <party_man1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:02 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re : Charlie McCoy is fantastic

> Johnny T Sez :
>
> excerpt .
>
> " He's often cited Little Walter as his favorite harp player ... "

> Hurricane Sez :
>
> Juanito , ¡ De Veras !( Of The Truth ! )
>
> Too true about the elements of little Walter being a heavy influence on
Charlie . Fact is ( I have written about this in other posts ) about when
Charlie in his professional beginnings was being " pitched " to the RCA A&R
man in Nashville ( none other tha Mr. " Guitar " Chet Atkins ) , Charlie was
actually turned down because he was " two Blues " sounding , neeeeeedless to
say that Charlie put the " mod's " to his stuff to give it more of the
country feel and zippo a legend is born .

> Terry McMillen name was mentioned by member Chris Michalek , a good call
by Chris , Terry McMillen is one of the best in the books , listen to his
rendition of Amazing Grace if you want to walk around in the clouds and take
a lesson in the upper register from a master of the school of smooooooooove
:)