Re: [Harp-L] James Harman burglarized

> From: Nicolas Fouquet <bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:18:47 +0200 (CEST)
> To: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] James Harman burglarized
>
> Actually, I am not that sure. It does not make sense for me!
>
> Robbers are attracted by shinning things.
I agree. But they are even more attracted to opportunity. An easy quick
theft is more of an enticing target to a burglar than a rich man's house who
can afford to guard it well.

James is a well known harmonica
> player, he's recorded Cd's with his photo on it, He has been on newspaper,
> concerts adds, gigs...
> When you see all of that, you know that this guy is special. Then, you see him
> on stage, acclaimed, popular... then you think that He is wealthy so has
> things of great value in his house...

that are probably guarded by a security system, heavy duty safes, etc.

> I think that it could be anybody who has heard of James and/or seen him on
> stage, in a newspaper...
>
> I would be curious to know if they only stole music related stuff... I think
> it would be important to know that to understand.

Nicolas, like you I'm not sure either. You may be right. There are a million
ways people think (or don't think as the case may be), but I'd rather hit a
house that I already know has a quick in/out time than some famous guy's
place where I don't even know whether he's wired, or keeps his stuff in a
gun safe, etc.

And maybe I'm in the wrong sand. For all I know you're right and some fan of
James lifted his mansion grabbing guitars, albums, pearl necklaces,
diamonds, etc.