[Harp-L] Re: Tony Glover's Book (was whatever)

Thinking back (with some difficulty) to the early 70's (college), I may have been given the Glover book by a friend.  Up 'til then, I had no idea that I could be playing in any key but C on a C harp!  (I'm almost sure I was playing in 2nd position most of the time).  Sure was handy to know what key I was playing in so I could play well with others sometimes!

In fact, his book was probably my first musical education that I was conscious of (and that my mind didn't rebel from) -- I may not even have known that songs are in a specific keys! -- "gee, I wonder why there is a C on my harmonica?"  It didn't matter for quite awhile -- I was just playing alone on porches, subway stations, in stairwells, tunnels, street corners.  And he had such a cool harcut!  --jk