Re: [Harp-L] Re:harmonica stands

Not dead at all. In fact, it's a very valid point. The stand that I refered
to has 12 standard slot's. Below that
are 2 more 10 hole sized spaces. Below that are 2 wide and very long slot's
for chro's +. I have in my kit
the standard A - G + an Ab, low F, B, Eb & F#. In the 2 spare slot's I have
an extra A harp and the other is empty.
I really only use the empty slot for tunes that I'll use a low F and an F or
if I play 2nd and 3rd position on a tune.
I put the second harp in the spare slot for easy access and identification.
The 2 long slot's hold (right now anyway)
a 16 hole hohner chro and a spare G and the other a 12 hole Hering chro and
a 12 hole D marine band. This is also all contained in the same case that
I've been carrying for about 7 years now. For me it's the perfect solution.
If
I was planning to expand beyond that however, I would have to search for a
new solution. However, my kit holds
this rack, 2 mic's, cord, 5 spare diatonics, a 14 hole C marine band & a
CX12. All of this is contained in a pelican
case that measures 18-1/2" x 13-1/2" x 6-1/2". Should I need more gear for a
gig, I'm gettin a roady.

This however is just what works for me.

Scooter

> Scooter wrote:
>
> This is the one I like http://www.tuffscuff.com/harp_stands.html

> Not to beat a dead horse, but another reason I use the keyboard stand with
> board is that its not "pre-designed" for x numbers of harps, mics etc.
What
> happens when you outgrow the stand?  Maybe you build your diatonic set and
then
> you want to add a couple of low keyed harps or maybe a minor tuned harp.
Where