[Harp-L] LTAF benefit on Saturday

In general I'm loathe to use Harp-L bandwidth to mention a gig -- Danny already does a superb job with the weekly gig-list, and besides, too many gig notices sets a difficult precedent. But the nature of this particular Benefit / Fundraiser are such that I hope the list will tolerate this post.

Kenny Sultan and I have just been added to Saturday night's (Dec 4) Life Through Art Foundation benefit at the Shrine Auditorium in L.A. Headlining will the the Original Five Blind Boys of Alabama.

The Life Through Art Foundation is committed to funding educational opportunities in the arts for young students who otherwise would not be able to finance such endeavors. The foundation supports students pursuing various forms of education in all areas of the arts including (but not necessarily limited to): Theatre Arts, Visual Arts, Dance, Music, Creative Writing, Film Studies and Culinary Arts.

For info on the event, see: http://www.ltaf.org/index.html and/or http://www.ltaf.org/redparty.html 100% of the proceeds goes to the kids. Yep, it's rather pricey, but all for a righteous cause. (I shall resist the temptation to delve into Washington's current spending priorities, and instead launch that particular diatribe on a more politically based Email list.) <g>

We go on at 8:15. If any SoCal Harp-L'ers are planning to attend, please come up and say hi?

thanks and cheers,

Tom Ball
Santa Barbara CA
http://www.tomballkennysultan.com