RE: [Harp-L] LaVoie Titanium harmonicas

At 20:10 01/12/2004, you wrote:
I ran the web page through Bablefish and here is what they said about price:

All this laborious work, in this expensive material as it is the special
Titanium, machinery and tools that have been used in all the process of
construction makes that the resulting pieces have an elevated price,
approximately superior to the 700 euros. This was in pieces elaborated by
high technology, modern equipments and of high physical benefits that even
improve the standards in the quality of our harmonicas and doubtlessly
beyond of other musical instruments.

I can vouch for the fact that these technologies are expensive, the material cost is quite small.
This is the sort of level that the Renaissance comb costs.
Funnily enough the complexity of the article is not necessarily the issue, neither is the material, it is just the time it takes on an expensive machine. If the machine costs several hundred thousand pounds then the cost per hour is high!!

Douglas t