[Harp-L] Re: harmonica stands

I made a harmonica case and stand similar to the
Masterclass stage case, using an inexpensive aluminum
tool case and tripod microphone stand.

I bought the aluminum tool case at a local Tractor Supply
for about $17.00 plus tax, and I've seen the same case at
Home Depot for around $20.  Its a decent case that comes
with foam that has been pre-cut in about 1/2 inch sections
so that you can customize your needs (I still haven't finished this part yet).

There's a foldout 'tool' holder in the top of the case that has various pockets,
but I removed them (kind of pain, as they are stitched in, and replaced
them with stretch elastic bands, riveted to the board, so it will hold various
harmonicas better.  You can also place cords, paper documents etc behind
this foldout board.

I did a quick websearch and this is pretty much the same case:

http://www.outpost.com/product/2649032

On the bottom of the case, I added a galvanized steel floor flange
and short threaded pipe (3/4 inch diameter I think) drilled and tapped
for a threaded wingnut to hold the case on the microhone stand.

I preferred the collapsible tripod stand over the heavy weighted stand
because the tripod stand is lighter and can be attached to the case in
some manner (haven't got that far yet).

Its been a fun project, and not a whole lot of money into it, just some time
(which is why I haven't quite finished it yet!)

Ken Hildebrand

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com