Re: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

Hinderances: Cycling (esp. Mountain Biking), Skiing - I've been obsessed with these sports lately and it definitely cuts into my practice time. On the plus side, my live performances are more energetic as I am in much better shape. Also, my day job (teaching math) cuts into my practice time.

Help: Parenthood - I spend a lot of time helping my kids with their music lessons. I play duets with my kids who play clarinet and violin. I usually accompony them on Chromatic harp, although occasionally diatonic harp, guitar, mandolin, violin, or lately, piano. I've been practicing guitar and mandolin more than harp lately, but my sight reading has improved a lot by playing these duets.

Take care,

Alec

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:38:56 -0600