Re: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

On Dec 2, 2004, at 12:38 PM, The artist formerly known as Chris wrote:

This is slightly off topic but not....

What else do you do beside playing music and does that something else
help or enhance your music?

Started my interests at 9 in the Adriatic (snorkeling) Other things that helped my harmonica playing:
Clarinet
Competition swimmer
Salvage diver in the Seebees
Trumpet
Scuba diver & rescue swimmer in the State Police
Accordion

Other things, most of which detracted from harmonica:
Competition shooter (pistols)
Competition Archer (Traditional Longbow=homemade bow & arrows)
Building cross-bows (even wrote a book)
Building "Barnegat Bay Feather-Edge Sneakboxes" (racing duck boats)
Competition sailor (scow classes)
Pilot's license (Inland waterways-Allegheny, Monongahela & upper Ohio rivers)
Cap'n's papers (U.S. coast guard 100 ton)
Pilot's license (private-VFR only-no instrument rating)
Competition SCCA license (sports car club of America)

My snakes were "Soylent green" (a tree snake) & "Pliskin snake" (a water snake).

I don't do much of anything anymore, PLUS I smoke...NON GOOD...NON NON GOOD. It hasn't bothered me yet.but I have a feeling that when it DOES, I will suddently wind up "breasts-up" in the box. :)

smokey-joe (formerly with "Kiss my Brass", currently with "the Cafe s")