RE: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

Being an Architect, I have a string of home improvement projects
going on around the house (they just never end).  This, of course,
is time-consuming and hinders my harmonica learning.

I am a voracious reader, and it's very relaxing.  I can't exactly
play or write while I'm reading, although I have gotten ideas for
songs from books.

I've been playing guitar for almost 40 years, now.  But, I have
developed a condition called "trigger finger" in my left hand,
which is making it difficult to play the guitar.  It's fortunate
that I began learning the harmonica, shortly before the TF started,
so I still have a musical outlet.  I play a lot of guitar licks
on the harmonica, which helps me develop my own style.  As another
Harp-L'er said - - I hear certain phrases in my head, and no
matter what instrument I play, they tend to come out sounding similar.

Over the years, I've collected a lot of musical equipment, which I keep
in a spare room that I call my "music room".  It's basically a home
studio, where I've recorded 2 CD's of originals and covers, and I'm
working on a third.  I have a digital 8-track and I play all the
instruments and do all the singing.  It's great fun.

Richard J. Smith, R.A.