[Harp-L] Re: Another tiresome XB40 thread, or non-thread...

Steve Shaw writes in his review of his new XB40:

I'll see if the harp "plays in" in the next week or two, though I've always
been very sceptical about the concept of breaking-in. Maybe it needs to
break ME in!

Hi Steve..........Your point "Maybe it needs to break ME in!" is relevant.  The
XB40's ability to bend, blow or draw, on all holes calls for careful
articulation and dynamics to accurately get the note you want.  The "standard"
diatonic holes that DON'T bend allow some range, in how hard or soft you hit
them, to get the same note.  The XB will bend the note down, or up, a smidge
and your desired note may come out flat or sharp, a bit.  My XB is a C.  I wish
it were a G.  A low D XB? Wow!  I'm about to take delivery on a Low D
"standard" diatonic.  Hope you enjoy yours.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com