[Harp-L] Re: Potato Potahtoe

Richard Hunter wrote:

George,

>1) Like I said, when in doubt, follow your muse.

>2)  But remember what W.C. Fields said: "If at first
>you don't succeed, try, try again.  Then give it up.
>No sense being a damn fool about it."

>Regards, RH

Regards to you too, Richard. Playing chromatically on the short harp requires work and great perseverance, as do many other worthwhile things, like playing jazz or classical music convincingly on the button chromatic. Few succeed at either endeavor, but of those who have, most probably kept at it well after others had formed the opinion that their energies would be better applied elsewhere.

I would hesitate to base important musical decisions on the witticism of a comedian, especially one such as W.C. Fields whose comic persona had two main elements: he was an habitual drunkard and he went to comical lengths to avoid doing any real work.

George