Fw: [Harp-L] what else do you do?

Ok, my turn...

What else do I do? Too many things really. Been a serious club road biker for 25 years, we race
every Wenesday night during the summer, its suposed to be a ride, but we
can't help racing back. Feels great to make guys half my age cough blood - I
really enjoy that. I'm not that good but my threshold for pain is very high.
The other trick is to train hard indoor between January and April. Don't
tell anyone, I don't.

Last few years I've gotten into mountain biking and downhill biking thanks
to my son. He works in a bike shop part time and he started downhill biking
with some guys at his work. He also started mountain biking and found a
great woody single track trail about a mile away from the house, very
technical - its still challenging 3 years later. So I started doing it and
eventually joined a bunch of people I new from the road bike club who had
been doing it for years during the fall. Anyways this is way better than
road biking, more challenging - were pretty nuts we play chicken and when we
hit narrow technical uphill we slow down to see who falls behind us - great
great fun. I also go downhill biking a few times a year, a chair lift takes
you up and you try and get down in one piece without going over the bars
(too much). I have a hardtail and I take a beating everytime I go. My son
has a downhill bike, I tried it at Mont St-Anne (world championship dowhill
site) feels like going down the mountain in a Cadillac in comparison to what
I ride. I want one of those.

(See MTB video below!)

As a teenager I use to sail dinghies at a local boy scout club during the
summers. My daughter took up sailing 6 years ago and I got hooked back in
about 3 years ago. Bought a second hand Laser (14 foot single handed dinghy)
and now I'm back on the lake when the wind blows. I crave adrenaline so I'm
usually out there with the sail board guys in 20-25 knot winds. My Laser is
pretty old (a seldom used 1978 boat kept in a garage), I figure a year or
two and the mast will rip out. I started doing regattas this summer, was
very cool - never raced sailboats before.

What else, like playing the market (adrenaline again), love music shows, the
Jazz Festival and the best is dancing at Hurley's Irish pub with young
chicks and absolutely great fiddle music. Yeah I'm married but I let loose
once in a while.

Future plans, the french Quarter of New Orleans and eventually California.
Perhaps retire on a sailboat in the Caribbean.

What's all this prove, well you're as young as you wanna be. Hope to die
with my boots or me dancing shoes.

Pierre.

Link to "Cornwall Flick" MTB video that you guys must see if you've got cable modem
or better, really cool video edited by Stan the man.

For the full effect turn on the speakers loud!

http://ca.geocities.com/shanila95/