Re: [Harp-L] Re: Dave Fertig response to EGS1217/What else do you do? - New here

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Confirms my thoughts that you're a nice group  of guys even though still
> technically "way over my head", lol.

i've been over my head since i arrived here.  that's ok, though.  i file away
things in my head to revisit someday, when i'm further along, and ignore
other stuff that doesn't relate.

> Right now I'm still enjoying playing along with my CD's and the  radio.
> Maybe I'll get up enough courage down the road to join in with  other musicians,
> but first I'd have to find some.  I'm on Long Island, New  York and not sure
> there are groups such as those you speak of around here.

do a google search for "blues jam" "long island", and the first hit is:
http://community-2.webtv.net/oldbluesdog/LongIslandBlues/
which lists a zillion of 'em.

i just started playing at one a few weeks ago, and it's been terrific.
when you're ready, go check some out, and find a nice friendly,
supportive group, then go for it.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.