[Harp-L] Suzuki Promaster 350v: Impressed with reservations

Just bought my first Promaster (after a history of Marine Bands, Special
20s, and Lee Oskars). Ergonomic design, clean sound, fast response, nie
heft, good looks--on the whole, an impressive instrument. That said, I do
have some issues with it. Perhaps someone could shed some light on the
following questions:

1) Unlike the bottom cover plate, the front edge of the top cover plate
does not fit into the groove running along the edge of the reed plate. Is
this intentional or a construction flaw?

2) After playing for a few minutes, sometimes blow 7 will stick for a
split second and then pop into play. When it sticks, a faint sound is
produced as if the note is playing at half volume. The effect is
especially apparent if I blow softly.

3) I find that the valves on some notes vibrate during dynamic
playing--ie, bends or loud (high pressure) blows/draws. Is this avoidable
or an inevitable consequence of valves?

4) The extended bends offered by the valves seems quite limited. Some can
only be hit with very soft playing, some can't be hit, and some simply
sound like crap. Has anyone else had better success with them to the point
where the full chromatic scale can be implemented in playing (as oppose to
just using the valved bends for the occasional ornament).

5) If the performance issues mentioned above are not fixable or not worth
the trouble of doing so, can I simply peel off the valves, converting the
350v to a 350?

6) If I liked the Promaster, what other harps should I try?

Thanks,

Ansel