Re: [Harp-L] Minor Kill - Minor Kill challenge

Sorry for imposing, your response is entirely natural; in your position I would do the same. I really should of asked offlist first.

Yeah, I tried it in second on an F harp and I can play parts of it quite well just by ear without practicing, that's why I offered the challenge. I'm sure it would be challenging for me to learn the harder sections. Perhaps a Natural Minor in C harp would make it even more challenging as the harp may not be as fast as the F harp.

Probably, but since the chords are a big part of what makes the piece
work, I dunno why you'd dump them.

Mainly because I only have Richter tuned harps, may have to drive downtown for one of these.

Anybody know if there are SP20s tuned this way?

Looking at the layout, this is a completely different animal from a Richter, one step bend on the 1, 4, 5 and 6; the 2 hole has 3 bends. Can you play by ear on this? or do you have to learn tunes by rote? I guess it would feel sort of natural (natural minor actually) as long as you do not try any bent notes.

Pierre.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hunter" <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>