[Harp-L] Re: What's it called?

Rik Williger asked:
"I remember reading about this device that looks like a block of wood; it gets plugged into an amp, and when you tap your foot on it, it generates something between a bass drum and bass guitar-type tone."

You're thinking of the Porch Board Bass. I used to play in an acoustic trio and the guitar player used one. Pretty damn cool. I seem to remember he paid around $300 for his, which seemed kind of excessive to me. But like I said, it really added something in that setting. Check 'em out at www.porchboard.com.
MN