Re: [Harp-L] Microphones (& maybe an amp)?

"Rich Beaubien" wrote:
"I'm in search of a good acoustic setup. I think the key is the
microphone."

Rich, check the Pro Pages for Tom Ball, Lee Oskar, Mike Stevens, and Jellyroll Johnson at my website at:
http://hunterharp.com/propage1.html

That'll tell you what some of the top pro acoustic players use.  The good news is that the pro gear doesn't cost a whole lot more than the low-end stuff.

Note that most of the pros work with pro acts that have a good PA and a capable soundman, so they're focused on the front end of the chain -- the mic and preamp.  If you need your own amp for acoustic work, consider buying a small PA yourself, or get a keyboard amp, which is essentially a small self-contained PA.   Keyboard magazine online is a good source of info on keyboard amps.

As always, check harmonycentral.com for user reviews of any amp you're considering.

Regards, Richard Hunter