Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:54:16 +1100
From: "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Roy Acuff's Harpmen
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Anyone got dates for who played harp with Roy Acuff when? I've got some
radio transcriptions from the 40s with diatonic
played in 1st position. I would have said from the date that it was
Jimmie Riddle, and to me the style sounds like
Riddle (with the button missing) But I never heard Jimmie R. play
anything but chromatic. I know Onie Wheeler played
harp with Acuff, I think from the 50s until the end (with Riddle on
piano) but I never heard Onie play anything but Lost
John stuff in 2nd position.
I don't imagine there will be too many replies to this post, but it's
been bugging me for years.
Cheers,
Rick Dempster