[Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Challenge

Hi All,

At first I didn't really see the point of this harmonica challenge. Playing music shouldn't be a competition. In the end though it got me practicing a piece I had never played on harmonica before so there was a great benefit. The first recording is read and improvised off a lead sheet with no real practice. The second one was recorded about an hour and half later after actually practicing the piece. I played the following two selections on a C diatonic.

http://www.shtreiml.com/Tunisia1.mp3

http://www.shtreiml.com/Tunisia2.mp3

One thing I have to say is that's it's really a challenge trying to play and improvise over a progression without a rhythm section backing you up. I'm sure you'll notice a couple of dropped beats here and there. But what are a few bars between friends.

Jason Rosenblatt
http://www.shtreiml.com