Re: [Harp-L] Microphones (& maybe an amp)?

I use an SM58 for recording, cupped in my hand, which then goes into a
Behringer SHARC

(used as a preamp only, not a feedback controller!), then into a sound card.
The results are

sent to my brothers studio (http://www.qem.com.au <http://www.qem.com.au/> )
where reverb/eq etc is added. I

need to hold the mic in my hand, because the ambient noise in my "studio"
(computer fans,

planes overhead, children) preclude playing into a mic on a stand.

For live shows (mostly at festivals) I just use whatever vocal mic happens
to be on the stand.

I would be interested in advice for alternate mics I could try for
recording, however, like the SM58

I currently use, I would need to cup it in my hand. This kind of rules out
the Sennheiser 441.

Tony Eyers

Australia

http://www.harmonicatunes.com