[Harp-L] re: RIP Claude GARDEN

Claud Garden RIP!!!!!!

I will miss him. His sound was totally equisite, and had an amazing tone and played with such depth. He reminded me of the adage "....that we should read music as if we were improvising and improvise as if we were reading.."

Claud, rest in peace, thank you for your accomplishments and gift of music.

randy

ps, sad to say, I did a google usa search for claude or claud garden and nothing came up.

From: "lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] RIP Claude GARDEN To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <20041209134239.18582.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"

I have just learnt that Claude Garden passed away. I know nothing of the
circumstances or even when this happened, just that it happened.

I know some people on the list admired him, and perhaps knew him personally,
so I felt I had to inform the list.

I only have one of his records, and I have never met him, but from what I
heard there is little dobt he was a stellar player of chromatic harmonica...

Ben FELTEN