RE: [Harp-L] Cleaning & Caring

Hello all,
I just got my first harmonica, and I want to know how I should care for it and whatnot.

The one page manual it came with says to tap it on your hand to get moisture out when
finished playing, and then to let it air out before putting it in the case.

Does anyone do anything more? Like, just a guess, soaking it in alcohol or something
once a month, or... anything like that?

If anyone has a suggestion of a good webpage or something which covers the basics
I would really appreciate it!

Thanks all,

Harvey

Hi Harvey (welcome!), and everyone.

I have a second website that I've just got up and running (harmonicapics - link below) that is an outlet for some random rants from me about things related to harmonica-playing, all from a non-expert point of view, and cleaning and good hygiene happen to be among the topics covered so far. I'm fully expecting to be either ignored or shot down.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

http://harmonicapics.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Hear clips from my CD at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm