Re: [Harp-L] Cleaning & Caring

Steve said:
... related to harmonica-playing, all from a non-expert point of view, and cleaning and good hygiene happen to be among the topics covered so far. I'm fully expecting to be either ignored or shot down.

Steve is being modest!

Copied without permission from his site:

... and don't use vaseline on your lips. I suspect vaseline. This nasty deposit in your harp's holes looks suspiciously like some nightmarish devil's spawn-generated transmogrification of vaseline. Sorry, vaseline. You're good for my arse but not for my harp.

That bit I really did not need to know :-)

Pierre.