[Harp-L] re: RP200, 400, etc, versus Harp Commander

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:00:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Jp "Pagán" <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RP200, 300, etc, versus Harp Commander
Hi Craig,

  they (RP200, 400) may not handle a hi-z
mic very well. myself, i plan to use both

ACTUALLY, the digitech units work well with hi and lo because they have very adjustable inputs and outputs as well as both xlr and quarter inch inputs. The 400 also has phantom power for all you sennheiser fans (myself included).

I love the V-Amp too, but i figure it will be for entirely different reasons.

I am not that familiar with the v-amp. I have noticed some of the guitar processors do not have the extended hi frequency response so it rolls off some of the highs. Make sure your processor can really be clean. One way to tell is to program your device for the cleanest sound with no eq or effects and then compare the sound to plugging the mic in just the mixer alone, without the unit. Does the effects unit, on its clean setting sound dirty compared to just plugging the mic into the board? For example, I was never able to get a super, super clean sound out of the POD. It always had some type of excessive coloration compared to the mic plugged into the board.= IMO

I have had many talks with the affable and wonderful ron holmes. I will purchase a harp commander one day.

The reason i bought the digitech (whichever model you prefer) is because I do a lot of gigs where minimal gear is preferred. I just wanted one small unit that did everything and could be set up in minutes.

good luck on  the quest for tone.
As we know, tone starts with the unamplified harp.

randy singer