To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:05 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Question re:playing octaves

Dear New Friends,
I will have to admit that most of the topics on the list I know very
little about. I have however gotten a couple of very valuable assists.
That was a good one recently about lifting the tongue from a single note
tongue block and finding a 'rich chord' underneath. I also love that site
where I can listen to 800,000 songs. Some of the songs in my books I am not
familiar with. I need to know how a song is supposed to sound and that site
will be very helpful.
My questions will probably seem very elementary to most of the readers.
Please bear with me. Regarding playing octaves...I have the right idea
according to my books, but I have not been able to play anything that sounds
right. I am experimenting the octave playing on TAPS, there is no easier
song than that. Is learning to play octaves one of those things where you
do it a thousand times and all of a sudden it is there? I read all the
messages every day and I am a tenacious student.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Gail