From: Nicolas Fouquet [mailto:bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 2:38 PM
To: Eric Neumann; Bry Thomas; Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Magic Dick which harp?

Did not He also change the tuning on his harmonicas? (Spyral Tuning)

Froggy
Eric Neumann <eneumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I remember from the linear notes I read ... perhaps fabricated memory
by now - but I believe he played Special 20's. (might have been on 'The
Morning After', I ain't too sure) It was the first time I had ever heard
of them - and as a result of learning that he played Special 20's I went
out and bought my first ones.

Magic Dick - more than likely had to tweek his harps though... I
gar-on-tee... don't be afraid to give gapping a try one of these days.
Trust that it is as improtant as learning to put on new strings if your
are learning guitar in my opinion. The Special 20 is very easy to fully
disassemble - provided you don't mind using two kinds of screwdrivers...
a flat head for the case screws, and a (gulp) a phillips for the reed
plates. Some can even gap harps without removing the reed plates - but
not very easy on SP20...

I could go on - but.... don't need to get into a debate here.

MY 2 CENTS.