RE: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: RP200, 300, etc, versus Harp Commander

> Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 7:59 PM
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: RP200, 300, etc, versus Harp Commander
>
> Its already been discussed that the Harp Commander and Vocal 300 can't be
> compared, they do two totally different things.
> -- G.

I must be missing some key item here. It seems to me the Harp Commander and
the DigiTech Vocal 300 can be compared.

Let's see if I've got this right....

The Harp Commander is basically a solid state preamp, with some EQ and a
built in compressor, which emulates a tube circuit. It does much of the
impedance matching that a harp player might need (especially when switching
mics).

Now the DigiTech Vocal 300 does all of the above (except it does not emulate
a tube amp) and then adds in the effects.

So other then the tube emulation are they that different ?

Now I do understand that the DigiTech RPxxx  emulates many tube amps and
then adds in the effects. It does have EQ and a compressor. It's really for
use with a guitar therefore does not do any impedance matching. So yes this
is another animal.

Am I way off here? Please point out my error.

TIA
--Rich