	From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of samblancato
	Sent: Sun 12/12/2004 10:49 AM
	To: Harp-L
	Subject: [Harp-L] Bob Dylan's harmonica playing

	Hi y'all,

	I listened to Dylan's music since I was a teenager and my opinion is  this:
	His harmonica work is perfectly and completely appropriate for what he is
	doing musically and poetically. For the statements he's making, a rich,
	complex harp technique isn't wanted.  Would I want to employ such a style in
	a Chicago/west coast blues groove? No. But that's not what he's doing- at
	all.

	Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh